Back To School: Tips For Incoming Freshmen!

1:03 PM deserryabrjano 0 Comments


Hi everyone! I'm so sorry that this has been my first actual blog post in a suuuper long time, I just felt like I had nothing to post... Anyway, I'm back today to share some tips with those of you who will be entering high school! For those of you who didn't know, I will be a sophomore this coming school year, so freshman year is still pretty fresh in my mind. I'm gonna stop babbling now and get on to the tips.

1. DON'T PROCRASTINATE. I've had too many instances where I was up until 2:30 in the morning finishing geography notes that were assigned to me days before. Don't let that be you! The workload for freshman year was SO much more than my 8th grade workload. It might've been ok to put things off during 8th grade, but during freshman year I had homework from almost every class every night. 

2. Upperclassmen are actually really nice. Don't let TV and movies fool you, most upperclassmen don't mind freshmen, unless they're the type of freshman that acts like an upperclassmen. I've never been insulted just for being a freshman, and I actually have some friends who are upperclassmen!

3. Definitely start taking your grades seriously. Many people think they can slack off a little because it's only their first year of high school, but really, freshman year kind of sets the tone for the rest of your high school career, and colleges start to look at your academic performance during this year.

4. Take the PSAT if your school offers it. At my school, I had the option to take the PSAT as a freshman, and I'm so glad I did. It gave me an opportunity to know what to expect come sophomore and junior year when the PSAT is required, and even for future AP tests. I was even contacted by 3 colleges because of my score.

5. Join clubs! I only joined one club freshman year, but I'm so glad I did. I got to make new friends, become closer with my old ones, go to competition, and just have super fun experiences. Also, colleges love extracurricular activities ;) 

6. Have fun! This is my most important tip of all. You only get one high school experience, and having a fun freshman year will help your three other years of  high school be even more enjoyable.

Good luck!

0 comments: